Guide to Rotary Foundation Giving
Through the generosity of people like you, our work has made a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Your gift to The Rotary Foundation allows us to improve communities by promoting peace, preventing disease, bolstering economic development, and providing clean water and sanitation.
I want to support Rotary's current work
Your generous contributions to The Rotary Foundation are essential to securing and growing Rotary programs throughout the world. We recognize donors to express our gratitude for your commitment and offer individual and club recognitions, as well as naming recognitions that let you honor a friend or family member with a named or endowed gift.
- Rotary Foundation Sustaining Member, when you give $100 or more per year to the Annual Fund.
- Benefactor, when you include the Endowment Fund as a beneficiary in your estate plans or when you donate $1,000 or more to the fund outright. Benefactors receive a certificate and insignia to wear with a Rotary or Paul Harris Fellow pin.
- Paul Harris Fellow, when you give $1,000 or more to the Annual Fund, PolioPlus, or an approved Foundation grant. To recognize someone else as a Paul Harris Fellow, you can give that amount in their name. You are recognized as a Multiple Paul Harris Fellow with each additional gift of $1,000.
- Paul Harris Society member, when you give $1,000 or more annually to the Annual Fund, PolioPlus, or an approved Foundation grant.
- Bequest Society member, when you give $10,000 or more via your estate plans. All society members receive recognition from the Trustees of The Rotary Foundation, and donors can choose to receive an engraved crystal recognition piece and a Bequest Society pin.
- Major Donor, when your cumulative donations reach $10,000. You can choose to receive a crystal recognition piece and a Major Donor lapel pin or pendant. Recognition items commemorate giving at these levels:
- Level 1: $10,000 to $24,999
- Level 2: $25,000 to $49,999
- Level 3: $50,000 to $99,999
- Level 4: $100,000 to $249,999
- Arch C. Klumph Society, when your cumulative giving reaches $250,000. We will invite you to an induction ceremony at the Rotary International headquarters in Evanston, Illinois, USA and include your picture and biography in the Arch C. Klumph Society interactive gallery. You will also receive invitations to society events, along with membership pins and crystals that commemorate giving at these levels:
- Trustees Circle: $250,000 to $499,999
- Chair's Circle: $500,000 to $999,999
- Foundation Circle: $1 million and above
Club banner recognitions
- 100% Paul Harris Fellow Club, for clubs in which all dues-paying members are Paul Harris Fellows. This is a one-time recognition. Please contact your district governor to receive this banner.
- 100% Rotary Foundation Sustaining Member Club, in which every dues-paying member personally gives $100 or more to the Annual Fund. Awarded annually at the end of the Rotary year.
- Every Rotarian, Every Year Club, for clubs that achieve a minimum $100 per capita with all dues-paying members contributing some amount to the Annual Fund. Awarded annually at the end of the Rotary year.
- Top Three Per Capita in Annual Fund Giving, for the top three per capita giving clubs in each district. Clubs that give at least $50 per capita to the Annual Fund are eligible. Awarded annually at the end of the Rotary year.
Named gift opportunities
With an endowed or term gift, you can apply a specific name to your donation. Endowed gifts are invested in perpetuity, while a portion of their earnings are spent on a designated program. Term gifts are spent in their entirety on a specific program over an agreed period of time.
Endowment naming opportunities
- $1 million or more: Fund established in consultation with the donor
- $500,000 or more: Fund that includes a specific area of focus and location
- $250,000 or more: Fund that specifies the participating district
- $100,000 or more: Fund that includes a general area of focus
- $25,000 or more: Fund designated to the World Fund or SHARE
Term global grants naming opportunities
- $30,000: One-time gift designated to an area of focus and may be district specific
- $15,000: One-time gift designated to an area of focus and available worldwide
Rotary Peace Centers endowment opportunities
- $1.5 million: One two-year fellow at a Rotary Peace Center every year
- $1 million: One two-year fellow at a Rotary Peace Center every two years
- $1 million: A visiting lecturer at a Rotary Peace Center every year
- $750,000: One two-year fellow every three years
- $500,000: One two-year fellow at a Rotary Peace Center every four years
- $250,000: General support to the Rotary Peace Centers at Arch C. Klumph Society level
- $250,000: One certificate program fellow every year
- $100,000: Annual seminar at a Rotary Peace Center every year
- $25,000 and up: General support to the Rotary Peace Centers endowment
Rotary Peace Centers term gift opportunities
- $75,000: A term two-year Rotary Peace Fellow at a Rotary Peace Center
- $75,000: Up to 10 applied field internships or research projects for a class of fellows at a Rotary Peace Center
- $60,000: One year of funding for five certificate program fellows
- $10,000: General support of the program