Officers and Directors
Like most Rotarians worldwide, members of the Rockport Rotary probably joined to help improve the quality of life in our community and make a difference in the world. Rockport Rotary Club was established in 1948 by a group of notable Rockport-Fulton citizens. Over the years we have had a variety of service projects both local and international. Our current service projects are focused on our community and support to national and international areas of need.The Rockport Rotary Club is an active group of men and women who meet at 12 noon every Thursday year round at the Rockport Country Club, Rockport, Texas.
We look forward each week to invited speakers who share information about Rotary and many local, state, national and international topics. We encourage members to take active roles in club leadership and in service projects that benefit our community and the world.
- We support Back to School every August. We support Back to School Supplies or vaccinations help all children enter school healthy and ready to learn.
- We sponsor a Student of the Month program from September to May through which outstanding students from Rockport-Fulton High School receive an award and join us for lunch, enabling us to meet the leaders of tomorrow.
- We support The Charles A. Evans Scholarship Foundation annually. The Foundation gives over $20,000 annually to students from Rockport and Fulton to further their education. The Taste of Rockport, held the last Thursday of March annually, is the fundraiser for the CAE Scholarship Foundation.
- The club founded the Rockport Film Festival and now partners with the Rockport Center for the Arts to celebrate the best of independent cinema on the Texas Coast and promote Rockport-Fulton as a destination.
- We support Cub Scout Pack # 49 with an annual donation to supply their projects.
- We sponsor an Interact Club at the Rockport-Fulton High School, building tomorrow's leaders.
- We support the District Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) program which sends local juniors and seniors to leadership camp near Corpus Christi each summer.
- We support several organizations, such as Operation Santa Claus, Good Samaritans and Coastal Bend Troop Support, in their efforts to assist the members of our community.
- We support the Fulton Volunteer Fire Department by having a booth at Oysterfest in March which also helps us raise funds for our projects.
- We provide Dictionaries to Third Graders, a program to help eliminate illiteracy.
- We adopted a section of road for cleanup in the state Adopt-a-Highway program.
National and International:
- We have an ongoing international project with several Rotary clubs in District 5930.
- We support Rotary International efforts to eradicate polio by sending over $2000.00 per year to the End Polio Now program.
- We support communities in need with financial aid and Shelter Boxes. Examples include weather stricken towns in the Midwest, West, Texas, Hurricane Sandy Relief, Haiti earthquake relief and others.